We understand that your personal information is important and we are committed to protecting and respecting this personal information. We therefore undertake to comply with applicable guidelines of Data Protection Legislation now in place. All personal data held by MIA Telecoms will remain confidential. Our employees have been made aware of the implications of the POPI Legislation and will adhere to the guidelines it sets out.
This Statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect, or that you provide to us, will be processed.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
- You provide us with information when completing customer application forms, either in writing or on our website. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to any of our services.
- You may also provide us with information verbally over the telephone or by email when raising a quotation or a purchase order.
- The information we may collect from you and retain includes:
- Phone numbers;
- Email addresses;
- Basic details about your company;
- Information regarding your customers
- We may also collect technical information including your IP address, your login information and browser type.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Internal record keeping;
- To provide details to our bank, credit insurers and logistics partners when commencing business together;
- To process purchase orders you have placed with us;
- To provide you with quotations of products you have requested pricing on;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts that we have entered into regarding information, products and services you have requested from us;
- To notify you about any changes to our service;
- To send you communications that may be of interest to you on a purely business level. These may include order confirmations, quotations, shipment notifications and other business-related updates, including promotional mail shots.
3. HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
- In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. This information is stored on our secure servers in Midrand, South Africa.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site – any transmission is at your own risk.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your information with banks and credit insurance providers, where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- We may also share your information with business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- We may disclose your information where we are required by law to do so.
- We will not sell your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for the purpose of marketing.
5. YOUR RIGHTS IN TERMS OF THE LAW
- You have the right to request personal data to be erased to prevent further processing under the following circumstances:
- The personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose of business;
- The individual (you) withdraws their consent;
- The individual (you) objects to the processing of their data.
- You have the right to request access to your personal data and the right to rectify any of your personal data stored by us.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
- Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Privacy Statement.
- You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
7. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
If we make any changes to our Privacy Statement in the future, these will be posted on our website and where appropriate, you will be notified by email.